Why do I have pain over the top of my head down towards my shoulders?

It also hurts at the top of my shoulders and base of neck. Do you think it could be sinus. I have gone to chiropractor. It helped for a short while. Should I go further or wait further?
I would highly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. Any persistent pain in the head, neck, or shoulders should be evaluated to identify the cause and decide what treatments, if any, are needed. Your primary care doctor will be able to perform a thorough physical examination of the area and point you in the right direction. I don't think that this pain is related to your sinuses. Sinus pain tends to be more in the front of the head, over and below the eyes and in the cheekbones. On the other hand, there are several other causes of neck and shoulder pain that are possible causes. These would include tension headaches, which often affect the back of the head and neck, as well as spasm or inflammation of the muscles that run up and down the sides of the neck and support the head. Based on what your doctor finds on physical examination, they will be able to recommend specific therapies. These will probably include anti inflammatory or anti pain medications. They may also recommend physical therapy or neck strengthening exercises, as well as other common home remedies, such as heating pads. Schedule an appointment today!

• Dr. Robert Domaleski
    Dr. Robert Domaleski MD
    8200 E. Belleview Avenue
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Martin Molina
    Dr. Martin Molina MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217