why do I have 4 small bumps on my wrist?

I have four small bumps on my wrist that have been thre for about a week and they itch but not all the time. tonight my wrist started hurting wen i bend it on the same wrist but diffrent side and its a lil swollen. what could that be or deos the bumps have anything to do with the pain?
I would definitely recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue. Any persistent symptoms should be evaluated by your doctor so that you can figure out what is going on and start to feel better! I think that, based on what you are describing, it is unlikely that the bumps on your wrist are related to the pain in your wrist when you bend it. It sounds like the bumps are likely to be bug bites, or some other allergic or inflammatory reaction of the skin, but it is obviously hard to be sure with out a formal exam from your doctor. On the other hand, the pain with bending of your wrist sounds more like some tendonitis or wrist strain. It is possible to develop a serious skin infection, called cellulitis, from bug bites or other small breaks in the skin. When this occurs, the skin becomes very warm, swollen, and red, and this could also be quite painful. This would be the one situation in which both the bumps and the wrist pain/swelling might go together, and this would require immediate medical evaluation by your doctor or in an emergency room to prevent the spread of the infection.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    303 W Sunset Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024