Why are my feet cold inside but warm to the touch?

i am a diabetic circulation is poor in my left leg i try to exercise but at night going to sleep my feet are freezing but they are warm ouside i have to take a pain pill to go to sleep my legs also hurt
I am very sorry to hear about these symptoms that you are experiencing, as they sound like they are really beginning to interfere with your quality of life and, especially, your sleep. I would recommend that you go to see your doctor about this issue at your earliest convenience. It is probably best to start with your primary care doctor, or which ever other doctor is primarily managing your diabetes. As you know, diabetes has many consequences which can affect different parts of your body. Related to your symptoms, there are two primary possibilities. One is that the diabetes is affecting the circulation of blood through your legs and feet. The other is that the diabetes has caused some damage to the nerves in your feet, leading to painful sensations. Your doctor should be able to tell the difference between these two possibilities with a careful physical exam (for example, feeling the pulses in your feet, testing you for impaired feeling on the bottoms of your feet, etc). The treatments for these two different possibilities are quite different, so determine which is the major player here is an important first step. Please make an appointment with your doctor at your earliest convenience!

Nearby Endocrinologists

Other Endocrinologists