Why do I have dry patches of skin by my eyes?

i started geting them about 2-3 weeks ago, ive never had them before. ive been putting hydrating face lotion on them but it doesnt seem to be working. how can i get rid of them? plz help
Since this has been going on for a few weeks now, and since you haven't gotten any relieve from standard home treatments, I think the next step is probably to have a doctor look at this for you. You could go to see either your primary care doctor or your dermatologist, if you have one. There are a few different possibilities here. The first is that these dry patches represent eczema, which is a condition in which the skin becomes dried out and inflamed, often also red and itchy. If you are vigorously washing your face, this might be contributing to the problem. The treatment of eczema generally involves a good moisturizer (you may need to use an ointment rather than a lotion) as well as a steroid cream to reduce the inflammation. Another possibility is that this represents an allergic or sensitivity reaction of your skin, potentially to some personal care product that you are using. If so, thinking hard to identify which might be the offending product is important, so that you can stop using it. Otherwise, moisturizers and steroid creams, as determined by your doctor, are also important in the treatment of these conditions. Set up a doctor appointment today!