Why do I have pain in my heart and rattling phlegm?

I cough a lot. When I do my chest rattles an I have phlegm with it. My heart hurts a lot to exspecially when I cough an wheez
I strongly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this issue if you have not done so already. The first thing they will want to do is try to sort out how acutely these symptoms of coughing, headache, and wheezing have come on, as this will help them figure out what the potential causes might be. For example, if the cough and shortness of breath have developed relatively rapidly over a period of a few days, then bronchitis or another lung infection are higher on the list of possibilities, especially if there is also fever. Similarly, if you have a history of asthma in the past, an asthma flare could come on quickly and cause these types of symptoms. On the other hand, if the symptoms are more chronic and long standing, then there are other possibilities. For example, chronic sinus congestion or nasal allergies are both very common causes of chronic cough. Asthma can also be a cause of chronic wheezing and shortness of breath, as can bad acid reflux from the stomach. Your primary care doctor will be able to perform a thorough examination and help figure out what treatments are indicated to get you feeling better!

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251