Is there a medication I can take for this H.pylori issue?

I am alredy taking Prilosec for GERD so what will i do now that i just tested positive for H.Pylori
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a bacteria that commonly lives in the stomach. When this bacteria is present in the stomach, it can cause a whole range of medical issues and symptoms, most notably worsening acid reflux as well as a predisposition to chronic inflammation of the stomach and even, sometimes, ulcers. Fortunately, there is excellent treatment available for H. pylori, which typically involves taking three or four medications at the same time, including an anti acid medication like Prilosec as well as antibiotics. This treatment is usually continued for a few weeks, at which point the bacteria is usually eradicated from the stomach. If the treatment is successful, most people do notice a considerable improvement in their acid reflux and other stomach symptoms. I would recommend that you followup with your primary care doctor or your gastroenterologist about this positive H. pylori test result. They will be able to prescribe the medications for you that are necessary to get rid of the infection. Furthermore, they will be able to provide you with followup care after the treatment is over, as it is quite important to document that the symptoms are improving. Set up an appointment as soon as possible!

Other Gastroenterologists