Book now. It's free!

Period two weeks apart - why?

I got my period two weeks ago and i got it again today is that normal or whats wrong?
I would suggest that you discuss this issue with either your OB GYN doctor or your primary care doctor. You should make an urgent appointment if the bleeding is significant or is not stopping; otherwise, you can get in at your earliest convenience. There are several potential causes for having frequent periods or bleeding like this. Probably the most common is as a side effect of taking certain forms of birth control pills or injections. Sometimes with these birth control methods, the lining of the uterus becomes somewhat fragile, which can lead to breakthrough bleeding at times other than during the regular period. Another common problem is uterine fibroids, which are small benign tumors in the uterus, which are most commonly associated with pain or heavy bleeding during the period, but can also cause bleeding between periods at irregular times as well. If you have a history of irregular or delayed periods, then polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a hormonal condition in which the periods become disregulated and may occur at very irregular intervals, is another possibility. Start by seeing your primary doctor. They will be able to perform a physical examination and help figure out whether this is something you need to be worried about.