My doctor prescribed econazole nitrate cream 1% to treat my ringworm, but it still spreads - why?

I really need to know to stop this because I will be doing water polo soon and it will look really embarrassing. I also have had it since Mid-January. Is there anything I can do to stop spreading?
I am very sorry to hear that you are having such persistent issues with ringworm despite using econazole cream. As you know, ringworm is a form of fungal infection of the skin. Usually, it will respond to a topical anti fungal cream (such as econazole) as long as the cream is being used regularly as prescribed. However, sometimes ringworm can be resistant to the topical anti fungal creams and can require oral anti fungal medications. Therefore, I would recommend that you make an appointment to see your primary care doctor (or which ever other doctor is prescribing the anti fungal cream) again. They can examine the area of ringworm and confirm that it is in fact not improving. If so, they can discuss the various alternative medication options and help you decide which one is right for you. Typically the oral anti fungal medications need to be taken for a period of 1 or 2 weeks; they are much stronger than the topical creams, so the chances of having the infection clear up is very high. Start by making a follow-up appointment with your doctor today. I am confident that they can help you get this issue under control.
Have further Questions? See a doctor!