Find doctors and make appointments online!

• Albany

Why is my right eye is swollen when I wake up in the morning?

Two year ago I had a trabeculectomy. There is no pain or redness or bumps associated with it.
Trabeculectomy is a common surgical procedure that is usually used to treat glaucoma, which is a condition in which the pressure inside the eye builds up over time. If glaucoma is left untreated, it can lead to permanent loss of vision. After a trebeculectomy procedure, it is important to have regular follow up eye examinations with your eye doctor. The swelling of your eye may or may not be related to your history of glaucoma. If the swelling is in the tissue around your eye (for example, the eyelids), then it may be caused by an infection or by common things like eye allergies. These are conditions that are usually treated by your primary care doctor, and you could see them for evaluation and for a decision on which medications to use to relieve the symptoms. On the other hand, if the swelling is in the eye itself, especially if there is any pain or redness (it doesn't sound like there is), then this could be concerning for recurring glaucoma and you would need to seek emergency evaluation by your eye doctor. In either case, please speak to your doctor soon.
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)