Find in-network doctors and make an appointment now!

Why do I have breast pain and ovarian cysts?

I had a hysterectomy 7 yrs ago but still have my overies i am now getting cysts on then almost all the time and also they say i have a cyst in right breast yet the pain and tenderness in both breast has not gone away or gotten any better
Cysts can be normal in the ovaries, in the right context. In particular, as a normal part of the ovulatory cycle, cysts form in the ovaries and eventually go away. However, if you have multiple cysts in both ovaries, or if you have pain associated with the cysts, then this could be indicative of a different problem, and you would need to be evaluated by your OB GYN doctor. I suggest that you discuss with them what they think of these cysts in your ovaries and whether they think any treatment is needed. The cyst in your right breast is probably not related in any way to the cysts in your ovaries. Nevertheless, cysts on the breast do need to be evaluated, because sometimes they can be a sign of emerging breast cancer. I suggest that you make an appointment with with either your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor to discuss this breast cyst. They may order an ultrasound to further evaluate the cyst, and it is quite possible that they will want a biopsy of the cyst to make certain that it is not cancerous. If necessary, they will be able to arrange a visit with a surgeon for you for this biopsy.
Find doctors and make appointments online!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)