Find in-network doctors and make an appointment now!

Why do I feel sore all over my body as if I am bruised just under my skin?

But there is no brusing? I feel tired and sore, my body hurts like a bruise all over. But I have no bruise. Coul it be Angioedema?
I am sorry that you feel so terrible! I would strongly recommend that you set up a visit with your primary care doctor as soon as possible to discuss this issue, so that they can help you figure out what is going on. I don't think this is angioedema, as that is a condition in which there is obvious swelling of the face, lips, tongue, and airway, usually with trouble breathing as a result. It doesn't sound like you, on the other hand, have any symptoms other than feeling sore all over. There are a few different medical problems that could be the cause of your soreness. First, muscle soreness is often one of the first signs of an viral infection coming on. For example, the flu virus typically causes terrible all-body soreness. Second, soreness could be caused by an imbalance in the electrolytes in your blood, or trouble with your thyroid gland, which are things that can be looked at easily with some simple blood tests. Finally, it is possible to develop inflammation in the muscles themselves, often as part of an autoimmune or rheumatologic condition, and this is also something that would be investigated by your doctor with a combination of physical examination and blood tests.

• Dr. Joseph Sack
    Dr. Joseph Sack MD
    7570 W 21st St N