Chest pain, neck pain, headaches - why?

Onto my symptoms, the one that I've had lately is this tightness in the right side of my chest. I feel it and it starts getting worse and worse and then radiates into my neck and is almost unbearable but then it stops and a little while later it'll start again. I couldnt sleep last night because of it. Then today I have a weird sensation onthe left and right sides of my face. Around my temples. Maybe an inch below to an inch above. It's like a tightness in that area and it's constant. This has happened before on the left side but now it's both. A lot of the time I have a hot forehead and I can usually feel my pulse pretty strong in that area and others. I have random pains in Legs arms chest etc. I guess my question is, could this be serious or could it all be linked to my anxiety?
I would definitely go see your primary care doctor about this issue as soon as possible. You will need a complete physical examination to make sure that nothing serious is going on. You mention that you have anxiety, and certainly all of these symptoms that you are mentioning, such as pains in the chest and head, as well as racing pulse, could all be caused by anxiety. However, the important thing when dealing with the possibility of physical symptoms caused by anxiety, is to make sure that they are not caused by something else! For example chest pains can be a sign of trouble with the heart. Your doctor will be able to perform testing to rule out any serious underlying problem with your heart. Once this is done, if the diagnosis is that this is all related to anxiety, then your doctor will also be able to help you figure out what to do about that! Sometimes anxiety needs to be treated with medications, where as other times focusing on life style factors, like getting plenty of sleep and exercise, are all that is needed. Start by setting up an appointment as soon as possible.

• Dr. Howard Shapiro
    Dr. Howard Shapiro DO
    14 E 60th St
    New York, NY 10022
  • Dr. Norman Smith
    Dr. Norman Smith MD, FACP
    2905 Mitchellville Rd
    Bowie, MD 20716
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021