What causes pain from my upper arm to my elbow?

And tingling burning pain in hands and fingers? wakes me up at night. have itchy rash and blisters on arms and fingers
You should definitely go see your primary care doctor about this issue right away! They can evaluate your rash and your pain and figure out what might be going on. The combination of rash on the skin together with burning pain in the same area immediately suggest shingles to me. This is a condition caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. Basically what happens is that after a case of chicken pox the virus is never completely eliminated from the body. Rather, it hibernates and then reactivates, usually during a time of great stress or illness. The reactivation causes both a very classic rash limited to one part of the body and burning nerve pain in the same area as the rash. If the rash doesn't look like shingles, your doctor will also consider other potential causes, include the possibility that the pain and rash are not related to each other at all but are, rather, two totally separate conditions. For example, you could have an inflammation of one of the nerves in your arm from an overuse injury, causing the pain, and simultaneously a case of bad eczema or contact dermatitis causing the rash. Talk to your doctor!

• Dr. Angela Hon
    Dr. Angela Hon MD
    88-20 Rockaway Beach Blvd
    Rockaway Beach, NY 11693
  • Dr. James Morgan
    Dr. James Morgan MD
    330 Northgate Drive
    Manteca, CA 95336
  • Dr. Manuel Sanchez
    Dr. Manuel Sanchez MD
    501 N. Ware Road
    McAllen, TX 78501