Is bleeding during sexual intercourse normal?

I have recently had intercourse with my boyfriend and have experiences bleeding during sex twice, what could be causing this to happen and should i get checked?
Bleeding during intercourse is a very common complaint. In the vast majority of cases, the bleeding is nothing serious and will tend to go away on its own. Nevertheless, it is something that is worth relaying on to your physician, as rare diseases can present in that way. Most cases of vaginal bleeding after intercourse occur from one of three sources. First, if you are near the time of your period, then bleeding from your uterus that shows up after intercourse is the most likely source of the blood. If you experienced any trauma to the walls of your vagina, then that could be the source of you bleeding. Most of the time this occurs when penetration takes place without enough lubrication. This type of bleeding is usually painful. Finally, bleeding from the cervix because of superficial broken blood vessels is a common cause of bleeding. This bleeding usually does not mean much either. If you have never had a PAP smear, then I would be concerned that this bleeding could be a sign of cervical cancer. I think you should schedule an appointment with your OBGYN for further evaluation of this bleeding. Your doctor will likely be able to tell you the likely source and give you reassurance if warranted. Good luck.