I stopped drinking beer and my legs below my knees are swelling?

What could cause this? I drank for 11 years & stopped 7 days ago
First of all, congratulations on stopping drinking beer! Chronic alcohol use can be very dangerous for your health, and quitting drinking is a great step towards a healthier life! Stopping drinking should not in and of itself cause any swelling in your legs. Therefore, I think you need to go see your primary care doctor about this issue. There are many different causes of swollen feet and legs, and your doctor will be able to help figure out what is going on. In someone who has a significant history of heavy drinking, swelling in the legs may be a sign of a serious problem with the liver or with the heart. Make sure to tell your doctor if you have noticed any other serious symptoms, such as chest pain or palpitations, yellow skin or eyes, or swelling of the abdomen. In addition to a physical examination, your doctor may want to get some basic bloodwork to look at your liver and kidney function, and, depending on what they find, they may also want additional testing, such as an ultrasound. Swelling in the legs can also be caused by blood clots in the veins of the legs, as well as varicose veins or venous insufficiency. Your doctor will be able to consider all of these possibilities as well. Please book an appointment soon.