ZocdocAnswersNausea from noon until midnight?

Question

Nausea from noon until midnight?

This problem for two weeks. I also have acid reflux and Nexium is not working. I can not get comfortable, I can't sleep and it annoying.I'm 42 and in a heterosexual relationship...

Answer

Stomach symptoms like this that are persistent should be checked out by a doctor, both to make sure nothing serious is wrong and also to help you figure out a treatment plan to get some relief from the symptoms. You could start by making an appointment with your primary care or family doctor. The fact that you are having both nausea and also bad acid reflux symptoms at the same time does suggest that these two symptoms may be related to each other. For example, sometimes the stomach can become inflamed, a condition called gastritis. When this occurs, both nausea and heartburn, as well as abdominal pain, are common symptoms. Gastritis is typically caused by irritation of the stomach from thinks like alcohol, over the counter pain medicines, or smoking. However, it may also be caused by infection of the stomach with a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. When you go to see your doctor, make sure to mention if you have any other concerning symptoms, especially pain with eating, blood or dark coloration in your bowel movements, or weight loss. Your doctor will perform an exam and they may order blood or stool tests to help work up this problem further.