What can pain on the side of my body be?

The pain is litterally on the left side of my body . From 5-6 inches under my arm near the side of my breast to about the height of my belly button. But it is on the side of my body along where my arms would rest. it feels like a burning pain and it comes and goes. Sometimes its more towards the front of my body and sometime i feel the same pain on the right sede. I had gallbladder surgery so I know it isnt gallstones. I have had this pain about 4 years ago on my right side and this is when they discovered my gallstones. After having gallbladder surgery, I started having the same pain on the left side. Now it is more prominent on the left side but i do feel it on the right side sometime. please help me!
It doesn't sound like you have talked to a doctor about this problem yet, so my first piece of advice would be to set up a visit as soon as possible with your primary care doctor. Abdominal pain that goes on like this without getting better definitely needs to be investigated with a thorough physical exam and potentially some other testing as well. There are many causes of abdominal pain, and it is hard to narrow down the list of possible causes just from the information you provide in your question. Diffuse abdominal pain on the entire left side of your abdomen, such as you describe could be caused by trouble with constipation, or irritable bowel syndrome. It could also be caused by a range of different food intolerances, like lactose intolerance or celiac disease. Infections of the intestine by different viruses or bacteria can also cause these symptoms. Sometimes abdominal pain is a sign of a serious medical problem require immediate evaluation. If you have severe pain, bloody bowel movements, or fevers, then you should go to see your doctor, or go to an emergency room, immediately. Otherwise, schedule the earliest office visit with your primary care doctor that you can get.

9415 E Harry St