What is wrong with my knuckle?

I hit the door really hard and I can't see y knuckle but I can bend it down but I can't bend it up. My knuckle is swollen a little and when I ball my fist up it hurts a little but there is no color on my skin
I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your hand so badly! There are a couple of different possible outcomes of slamming your hand hard into the door like you did. The first, and most likely, is that you could just develop some local pain, bruising, and swelling, as well as stiffness, over the area of injury. This contusion tends to get better over a few days, with the swelling going down and the mobility improving. The second possibility, which is more serious, is that you can break one of the bones in your hand. This typically produces quite a bit more pain and limitation in mobility than just a minor contusion, and there may also be deformity of the hand, with for example one or more of the knuckles looking "funny." What I would suggest is that you go see your primary care doctor about this issue, especially if there is any concern that you may have broken something. They can examine your hand and figure out whether or not you need x-rays to rule out a fracture. They can also prescribe you some medications to help reduce the pain and the inflammation as quickly as possible. Good luck!

• Dr. Pamela Amador
    Dr. Pamela Amador MD
    85 Grand Canal Dr
    Miami, FL 33144
  • Dr. Michael Hamrock
    Dr. Michael Hamrock MD
    822 Boylston Street
    Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
  • Dr. Robin Snead
    Dr. Robin Snead MD
    20303 Crawford Ave
    Olympia Fields, IL 60461