Why do my ribs hurt on my left side when I get up in the morning?

my left side of my ribs hurt every morning getting out of bed i use a heatig pad and tylenol for pain sumtimes the pain goes away for a few hours but thats only if i sleep in late most of the time they dont bother me if i wake up early and stay awake for a few hours but they act up again a few hours later do u know what the cause is for that
It sounds like this pain in your ribs has been going on for quite a while. Therefore, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go see your doctors">primary care doctor. They can perform a quick examination and make sure there is nothing serious going. on. The most likely cause of your pain is simple strain of the muscles between the ribs, which are known as the intercostal muscles. This commonly occurs as the result of vigorous physical exercise or heavy lifting but it can also occurs just from "sleeping funny." Another cause might be costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the cartilage joints connecting the ribs to the breastbone. This often occurs after a common viral infection, such as the cold or flu. Both muscle strain and costrochondritis can linger for quite a while, up to a few months. However, most of the time they do gradually get better, and your doctor, if they confirm the diagnosis, will likely want to prescribe you some anti inflammatory medications, like ibuprofen or naproxen, to help reduce the pain and tenderness and speed healing. Contact your doctor's office and make an appointment at your earliest convenience! I hope you are feeling better soon.

9815 E Harry St

• Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723