Why does my mom get dizzy when she drives or after she eats and drives?

~7 months ago, my family went to on vacation to Burma.The doctor specifically told us that we should not eat foods outside sold on one ate it except my mom.I think a virus/bacteria infected my mom causing diarrhea.She ate medicine but after we came back, it began 2wks after we came back. Also, it started after her diarrhea ended.Did virus that caused her diarrhea also cause her dizziness? She's still dizzy if she drives right after eating and if it's too hot in the car & long distances.About a month or 2 after we came back,my mom got a MRI and C-Scan and hearing test and the doctor said everything was normal.My mom doesn't know why she has this unusual dizzy illness.Was it the airplane, the virus,or what?What kind of tests/checkups should my mom get if she does need them?My mom takes omeprazole(20mg)w/(qty100).That means she's been taking the medication for over 3 months.Is the medicine affecting her dizziness & should she still take this medication?
I would definitely recommend that your mother get additional evaluation to try to figure out what is going on. It sounds like some of the really bad things have already been ruled out, because a CT scan or MRI scan of the brain would detect a brain tumor or something like that. However, there are many causes of chronic dizziness. If she hasn't had a problem with her heart ruled out, that is definitely something that should be checked off, likely with a visit to either her cardiologist or her primary care doctor. Assuming that is negative, the next stop might be a ear, nose, and throat doctor. Many of the chronic causes of dizziness are related to inflammation of the inner ear apparatus. These conditions include labyrinthitis, vestibulitis, benign positional vertigo, and Meniere's disease (although Meniere's disease is less likely if she had a normal hearing test). The ear, nose, and throat specialist should be able to evaluate for these conditions and help determine whether any additional testing is needed. Many cases of chronic dizziness do not have any specific cure, but medications to help control the dizziness may help your mother out quite a bit.