Find in-network doctors and make an appointment now!

My stomach hurts a lot, what could it be?

Whenever I start to eat, I can NEVER finish what I'm eating no matter how much or how little it is, I start getting mild stomach pains, but most the time it's more of an annoying pain and sometimes I feel like I'm going to be sick. But my mom told me I've been like this ever since I was little. I don't know if this coud be something serious or just me being weird.
Chronic stomach pains with eating can definitely be a sign of an underlying medical problem. Since this has been going on for a really long time, there is probably no emergency but it would still be worth talking about the issue with your doctor the next time you see them. They can help figure out whether you need additional testing or treatment. For example, sometimes the lining of the stomach can become inflamed. This is called gastritis. It is associated with smoking and alcohol, but it can also occur in some individuals infected with a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori, which can respond to antacids and antibiotic medications. Also, there are a number of different food intolerances which could be associated with stomach pain. For example, lactose intolerance can cause pain whenever dairy is eaten. Similarly, celiac disease is caused by a reaction to wheat gluten, and it can lead to chronic stomach pain, cramping, and weight loss. Please set up a visit with your doctor! When you go to see them, make sure to tell them about things like any association of symptoms with particular foods, any changes in your bowel movements, any blood in your bowel movements, or any weight loss, as these will help them narrow down the possible causes.

Other Gastroenterologists

• Dr. Kevin Franklin
    Dr. Kevin Franklin MD
    Gastroenterologist
    215 E. Quincy St.
    San Antonio, TX 78215
  • Dr. Richard Otero
    Dr. Richard Otero MD
    Gastroenterologist
    520 E. Euclid Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78212
  • Dr. Cyrus Badii
    Dr. Cyrus Badii MD
    Gastroenterologist
    7301 Medical Cntr Dr
    West Hills, CA 91307