Do I need help for my weight?

I run 4 miles everyday and i eat probably at most 1000 calories and when I eat more than I want I throw it up. I'm just not skinny enough. People around are still thinner than me. Why am I having a harder time than everyone else when I put more work then most people?
I am very concerned about what I am reading in your question. 1000 calories is very, very few calories. The fact that you are exercising vigorously and eating very little, also inducing yourself to vomit up food, and feeling very preoccupied with being skinnier than you are all suggest to me that you are most likely struggling with disordered eating. Eating disorders are very serious medical problems, and they can result in life threatening problems such as severe malnutrition and heart damage. I strongly recommend that you seek immediate medical and psychiatric help for figuring out what is going on and deciding what you need to do next. If you have a good relationship with your primary care doctor you should contact them immediately and let them know what is going on, and they will help hook you up with the service you need. Similarly, if you have a psychiatrist already, they should be able to help you right away. If you feel like your eating patterns and purging are really out of control, or if you have any serious symptoms like dizziness when you stand up, then you should go immediately to an emergency room and they will help you get more immediate services. Good luck, and I wish you all the best.

Nearby Psychiatrists

Other Psychiatrists