What type of doctor should I see if I think that I have Necrosis?

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer back in 2007 in the left breast. Since the surgery I have a sharp pain under my left breast when I raise my hand or reach for something up high. The dr. keep saying that it is nerve damage , but my concern is that when the pain hits me I have to make myself burp in order for the pain to go away..
I am glad that you are doing well since your breast cancer surgery! Your surgeon is right that, many times after a breast surgery or any similar surgery, there may be residual nerve damage that can cause a wide range of symptoms, including numbness, tingling, and twinges of pain. Sometimes, these symptoms will get better and go away over time as the nerve endings heal, but other times they may persist indefinitely. However, I definitely recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor about this persistent pain issue. In particular, it is important to make sure that this pain is not due to some cause other than effects of the surgery. For example, the fact that the pain you have is relieved by burping suggests that it may be related to something going on in your stomach, such as an ulcer or excess gas. Your doctor will be able to check you out and help figure out whether this is something that needs additional work up. Similarly, if your doctor concludes that this is just pain from the nerve ends damaged during the surgery, then it may be possible to treat that pain with one of several medications.

• Dr. Gurinder Brar
    Dr. Gurinder Brar MD
    2607 Windguard Circle
    Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024
  • Dr. Richard Ashby
    Dr. Richard Ashby MD
    8330 Richmond Highway
    Alexandria, VA 22309