ZocdocAnswersI can't curb my hunger and I am always hungry. What should I do?

Question

I can't curb my hunger and I am always hungry. What should I do?

I am the heaviest ever and I just alway seem hungry

Answer

I would definitely recommend that you talk with your primary care doctor about your weight and appetite problem at your earliest convenience. They can help you figure out whether this is a medical problem or not and, if so, what to do about it. There are a couple of conditions that can cause excessive appetite. The most common of these include diabetes and an imbalance in the thyroid gland. Your doctor can perform a physical examination and determine whether you have signs of these conditions. If so, you may need some blood or other tests to confirm a diagnosis. If not, it may just be that you need some help figuring out how to control your appetite and make better eating choices. Your doctor can also help with this, by giving you advice on how to start a successful weight loss and exercise program. They can also refer you to see a nutritionist, who will be able to provide you with realistic meal plans that will help you lose weight by ingesting smaller quantities of food and lower calorie foods. Make a doctor's appointment as soon as you can. I am certain that they will be able to help!