I recently have had an increase of "kinks" in my neck and migraines. Should I be seen?

I typically have about 3-6 migraines a year and have had 5 within the past month. They have an aura about 20 minutes prior to getting the actual pain...I have the "sparkles" and "black spots" in my left eye only. I also have tingling in my Right arm with the neck "kinks" that have not gone away despite the pain in the neck getting a bit better. I am incredibly stressed lately and also have a history of chornic back pain that has never been diagnosed as anything other than back spasms and scoliosis in my lower back.
I strongly recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor or your neurologist as soon as possible. These symptoms are concerning, and they need to be investigated right away. Any time a known headache pattern changes or is accompanied by new symptoms (in this case, for example, tingling in your arm) it is important to rule out a serious medical problem, such as a brain tumor, causing the new symptoms. This requires at a minimum a thorough physical examination by your doctor, and it may also require additional studies, such as an MRI of the brain. Assuming this examination and/or studies are normal, it may be that you are just having a worsening of your migraine pattern, with associated aura (tingling in the arm, black spots in front of your eye). If so, it may be time to think about starting a prophylactic medication to decrease the severity and frequency of the migraines. There are many medications that are used for this indication, and your primary care doctor or your neurologist will be able to discuss the various options and help you decide what to do. Set up a doctor appointment right away, and I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Nearby Neurologists

Other Neurologists