Click to book now:

When I pee, I get this strange tingling sensation - why?

then when I wipe it has little dots of blood, then we I stand the feeling dosen't go away, and then some pain Urethra, for a few minutes sometimes even an hour. Is this a bladder infection?
You are absolutely right that the symptoms you describe could be consistent with a bladder infection. To get to the bottom of what is going on, you should see your physician right away for a history of your symptoms, physical exam, and perhaps additional testing including a urinalysis. There are several different possible causes for your symptoms. First, your gender can make a difference, as blood in the urinary tract can be from different sources depending upon whether the patient is male or female. In general, infections of the urinary tract (urethra, bladder, kidneys) can cause painful or uncomfortable urination, sometimes with bleeding, and sometimes with pain in the pelvic or abdominal area. Sexually transmitted infections can also cause similar symptoms and may also be accompanied by vaginal or urethral discharge. In women, bleeding noted with urination can actually be vaginal bleeding which can be caused by many different things, including irritation of the external genitalia, infection, or spotting associated with the menstrual cycle. In older patients, visible blood in the urine can also sometimes be associated with more serious disease in the bladder such as bladder cancer. To get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms, the best thing to do is see your physician right away. A basic history, exam, and evaluation of the urine will make it very easy to tell if you do have the most likely explanation for these symptoms, a basic urinary tract infection easily treatable with antibiotics. Good luck!

• Dr. Joseph Sack
    Dr. Joseph Sack MD
    7570 W 21st St N