Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by licensed doctors

"Am I maturing normally?"

ZocdocAnswersAm I maturing normally?


I am a male and I am 17 Years and I really think that did not reach puberty. But i think that my body stoped growing at a certain level because like very little bit of public hair like its very little My voice is not deep but i am 5'4 or 5'5 i guess so it might be did not reach puberty or my body stoped developing, but i have something wired in my body and i am so worried Doc like my breast one is getting bigger than the other so that making me think i am in Trouble Please Doc Help as soon as possible and Thank You Very Much I appreciate.


You should go see your pediatrician or your adolescent doctor as soon as possible. There is a great deal of variation in how people progress through puberty, and for some people this may occur later than in others. However, you have raised multiple concerns, such as little pubic hair, little change in voice, and short height. All of these things may be related to trouble progressing through puberty, and so the first step would be to have an examination with your doctor. They can look at various characteristics, such as distribution of body hair, size of the testicles and penis, etc and help determine whether or not you are progressing. They can also ask some questions about your family, such as the height of your parents, to see if your height it appropriate or if there are any other clues that might uncover a problem. Based on what they find, they may want to perform some basic blood tests look at hormone levels in the blood. They may also decide to refer you to see an endocrinology specialist if there are any concerning findings on the blood work or on the physical examination. Contact your doctor as soon as you can!

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.