ZocdocAnswersHow can I lose about 30 pounds?

Question

How can I lose about 30 pounds?

I can breathe very good and this is the first time in my life i have been 200 pounds and it hurts me

Answer

From your question it sounds like you have recently gained weight and this is really bothering you. Your goal of losing weight is a good one as it will undoubtedly help you feel better during the day but also help protect your health for the long term. As you set up your weight loss plan, it is also a good idea to see your physician. He or she can help make sure you are physically ready to start exercising more and can help you continue to maintain good health in the meantime. In general, losing weight requires your body to expend more calories each day than you take in. In practical terms, that means you need to eat fewer calories than you burn each day--the difference adds up to weight loss. From a dietary perspective, you will want to make a careful not of what you are eating and how much you are eating. Keeping a food diary and writing down everything that you eat can be an effective way of getting an idea when during the day you are over-eating. You also want to talk with a nutritionist about healthy food choices. In general, you will want to stay away from processed foods and high-fat dairy or meat in favor of fruits and vegetables and lean protein. In addition, you an also further your weight loss goals by exercise. Even starting out with daily walking for 30-60 minutes a day and then building up to more vigorous aerobic exercise will help your metabolism increase and continue to help you lose weight. Again, please discuss with your doctor before embarking on any changes, and good luck!