ZocdocAnswersWhat's the chance of me being pregnant?

Question

What's the chance of me being pregnant?

I recently ended my period. well the day i was ending i had unprotected sex. he came more than once inside of me.

Answer

Generally speaking, the only way to make sure that you do not get pregnant from intercourse is to use a reliable contraceptive method. It sounds like you had intercourse while you were still having your period or shortly thereafter. This does decrease somewhat the risk of becoming pregnant, because this is the time of your cycle when your body is the least fertile. However, it doesn't entirely eliminate the risk. I recommend, therefore, that you consult with either your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor about this. They will be able to perform a physical examination and also a simple blood or urine test to help rule out pregnancy. Assuming this pregnancy test is negative, they can also talk with you about another very important issue, which is getting access to a good contraceptive method that will provide you with some security in the future. There are a number of excellent contraception options that are available, including birth control pills, injections, implants, condoms, and more. Together with your doctor, you can pick the option that is right for you. Contact your doctor's office today to make an appointment to discuss this issue, and good luck!