I have a sclerotic lesion on my spine. What does this mean ?

They found a lesion on my 5th vertabrae on spine , i have a pain pump with tubing that runs along my back dont now if it has any meaning to this however , , very painful....im worried im gonna die ...what is gonna happen to me ?
I am sorry to hear that you are having so much pain in your back. You will definitely need to work with your orthopedic doctor and the other doctors caring for you, both to help find some relief for the pain and also to help figure out what this lesion on her vertebra means. Sclerotic lesion is a generic term that refers to an area of bone that appears 'scarred.' There are many different causes of isolated sclerotic lesions of the bones. These causes include an infection in the bone (osteomyelitis), scarring from prior trauma (such as a fracture or orthopedic surgery), and various types of cancer (which can either originate in the bone or metastasize from somewhere else, such as the breast or the prostate). Your doctor, who knows your case best, will be able to provide advice to you on how you should proceed. If the pain pump runs into this area of your spine, or if you have had surgery here, then it is possible that this is the cause of the sclerotic lesion. On the other hand, it may be necessary to do additional testing to rule out some of the other causes of a sclerotic lesion.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons