What causes the top right side of my abdomen to itch?

It hurts when I poke it. I tried puttin an ice pack on it but it still itches
It would be useful for you to see your primary care doctor about this issue. First of all, they will want to examine the skin that seems affected, as most causing of "itching" will have a rash associated with them. There are many types of skin irritation that cause itching, including allergies, contact reactions, viral rashes, infections, and many more. Most of these can be sorted out and treated based on what the rash looks like, and your primary care doctor can help with this. On the other hand, if there is no rash or any other skin findings, then it will be important to investigate for other causes of pain in the top right part of the abdomen. There are several important organs here, including your liver and your gall bladder. Your doctor will examine your abdomen to try to get a better sense of the quality of your pain and any other associated symptoms that might provide additional clues (like fever, nausea, vomiting, changes in the skin color). Based on what they discover, they may recommend additional testing, such as basic blood work or an ultrasound of the abdomen. Start by contacting your doctor for advice as soon as possible!