Zocdoc Answers

Medical questions & health advice by licensed doctors

"Diarrhea and stomach pain after sex?"

ZocdocAnswersDiarrhea and stomach pain after sex?


I have been treated for gonorrhea. I had unprotected sex with my new girlfriend. everytime I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend, she have some symtoms. The first time she had very high fever that has never happen before, the fever doesn't go away that I have to bring her to the hospital and had to inject few bottle of fluid in to her body. All the other time are she have diarrhea and stomach pain. Her stool color are often green when she was having the diarrhea. I have gone back to the doctor to do test for stds but it show up that i'm normal. Its been a year now since I had treated the gonorrhea, I often have a sting inside my penis tube. It happens say few times a week. I have told the doctor about this situation but he said nothing is wrong acording to std test that I have done. I suspect that it might be some baterial or virus that pass through semens. Could someone explain what is going on or what other thats the I should get test on?


It sounds like there are two separate issues here. First, there is the issue that your girlfriend has had several episodes of symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, and stomach pain. This may or may not be related to your own concerns, and it would be best for her to see her own primary care doctor as soon as possible for help figuring out what is going on with her. Second, there is the issue of your symptoms, which seem to include a continued burning sensation inside the penis that comes and goes. In this setting, you are right to worry about a sexually transmitted infection. The tests for these infections are good, so if your doctor has performed them and they are negative, you should be ok, unless you have had new sexual contacts or exposures. Nevertheless, it does sound like you need to set up a visit with your primary care doctor to talk about your symptoms again and try to figure out what is going on. You may have a chronic inflammation inside the urethra or epididymis causing the burning sensation. This could be caused by a chronic infection, or it might be the result of mechanical strain (for example, if you are having frequent sex or masturbating frequently). Your doctor can help you figure out what to do.

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.