Why do I have surgical scars that keep looking like bug bites and itching?

These are on my abdomen from multiple laprascopic surgeries (the first being 20 years ago, the last about 9 months ago) Ever since the last surgery this has started. A scar will itch and have the look of a bug bite (raised, inflamed and white) and go away within a few hours. This only happens to one scar at a time.
I would recommend talking to your doctor about this issue. You could either see the surgeon who has performed the laparoscopic surgeries for you, or you could consult with a dermatologist. One possibility is that some of these scars are still in the process of healing. This is especially likely if you notices that it is mostly the more recent scars that are swelling or itching. Scar healing is a very complex process which can take many months. Over time, a scar will tend to thicken initially and then begin to retract and become smaller. This process is often associated with itching and other strange sensations. Another possibility is that your are developing some keloids. Keloid is an overgrowth of scar tissue, sort of like a "callus" at the site of an old wound. Sometimes keloids can become quite enlarged, and they may be itchy or uncomfortable, principally because they rub against clothing. Finally, you could have an area of skin inflammation, such as an skin allergy or eczema, which just happens to be overlying some of your areas of old scar. Regardless, the first step is to see your doctor. They can help you decide what the most effective treatment will be!