Click to book now:

Why do I feel I have to pee, but don't?

So about 3 or 4 times in the past year (including today) i have had this urge to pee non stop. it feels like i am going to wet myself but when i go to the bathroom its like a tea spoon. what could it be and how can i stop it? a while ago me and my brother had the same thing going on at the same time but his ended alot sooner. mine went like a day and a half
The most common cause of urinary urgency and frequency (feeling like you have to go all the time, and right away) is a urinary tract infection, which occurs when bacteria make it into the bladder and begin to multiple there, leading to burning, cramping, and pain with urination. Urinary tract infections are very common, especially in women (not clear from your question what your gender is). They can be diagnosed by your primary care doctor with a physical examination and some simple urine tests. If you end up having a urinary tract infection, they can almost always be treated quickly and effectively with prescription antibiotics from your doctor. Another potential cause of these urinary tract symptoms is a sexually transmitted infection, like gonorrhea or chlamydia. In men with these symptoms, a sexually transmitted infection is more likely than a urine infection. Once again, a sexually transmitted infection is generally easy to diagnose with a physical examination and some basic urine tests. Similarly, most can be treated quickly with prescription antibiotics. Start by calling your primary care doctor's office today and making an appointment to be seen. They will help you figure out what is going on and get back to feeling yourself.
Have further Questions? See a doctor!