The roof of my mouth started peeling last night, why?

Some of the facts: I have not eaten Hot or Spicy foods that would have burned it, when it peeled it bled for a few minutes. I quit smoking cigarettes for a long time but have been smoking a lot the past 2 weeks and one last thing I have an ulcer and have been throwing up a lot but have not in about a week. Please help!
The best thing to do would be to go see your primary care doctor. It sounds like you have several issues that you need some assistance with, such as your smoking, your stomach ulcer, and your recent bouts of vomiting. Your primary care doctor will be able to help you address all of these things. Regarding your question specifically, there are several things that could be causing the peeling of the roof of your mouth. First, this could be caused by irritation to your mouth by the cigarette smoke. Second, it could be caused by acid reflux into your mouth, which might occur in the setting of a stomach ulcer and excess acid production or in the setting of frequent vomiting. Finally, the peeling could be related to an infection, such a herpes virus or other viral infection in the mouth. In addition to dealing with the peeling in your mouth, I am most concerned about the ulcer and vomiting, which seem like serious symptoms to me. Your primary care doctor can address these, but while you are waiting to see them, you should be on the lookout for any emergency symptoms. These include severe abdominal pain, intractable vomiting, or blood in your vomit or your bowel movements. Any of these symptoms should prompt you to go to the emergency room. Please see your doctor soon.

Other Gastroenterologists