What's causing my ear bleeding?

My ear had a little wax in it..so I cleaned it out with peroxide and it started foaming really badly then bleeding..why is this?
I strongly suggest that you go to see your doctors">primary care doctor or an ear, nose, and throat doctor as quickly as you can to figure out what is going on. It is not entirely clear from your question exactly how you cleaned out your ear, but I suspect that you may have scratched or otherwise damaged the inside of your ear when you cleaned it. Hydrogen peroxide alone shouldn't cause any trauma, but if you used a cotton swab or other object to scratch or scrape the inside of the ear, then it is very likely that you caused some damage. The main thing your doctor will want to do is look inside the ear with an otoscope. This will allow them to tell if there are any scrapes or other damage to the ear canal. Importantly, they will take a close look at the tympanic membrane (ear drum) which is sometimes punctured when people try to clean their ears too vigorously. It is especially important to rule out damage to the ear drum, as this can cause permanent trouble with hearing. Call your doctor's office and make an appointment to be evaluated as soon as you can!

• Dr. Kevin Browne
    Dr. Kevin Browne MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    4499 Medical Drive
    San Antonio, TX 78229
  • Dr. John Gilmore
    Dr. John Gilmore MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    10740 N. Central Expressway
    Dallas, TX 75231
  • Dr. Haitham Masri
    Dr. Haitham Masri MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    13530 Michigan Ave
    Dearborn, MI 48126