My hip keeps popping and hurting worse. Why?

My right hip keeps popping, more and more often and hurting worse every time. my family can't afford to go to any kind of doctor unless its a real emergency. can you tell me if there is something i can do to 'fix' it at home or if there's something really cheap to do?
Generally when symptoms have progressed to the point where there is significant pain and the condition is not getting better, I do not recommend relying only on home treatment. As there could be something going on with your hip that is serious, it is important to get help from a doctor so that you know exactly what is going on and can have the proper treatment prescribed. I can't recommend any specific treatments or home fixes because we do not know what is going on yet, and that is the first step. For example, it could be that you have a significant arthritis in the hip joint, depending on your age and whether you have had any trauma to the hip. This can sometimes be treated with anti inflammatory medications, but may also require referral to an orthopedic doctor. Similarly, in teenagers (your question doesn't say how old you are), there is a very serious hip condition called slipped capital femoral epiphysis which requires emergent management, often with surgery. There are also several conditions caused by inflammation or tightness in the muscles of the hip (such as "snapping hip syndrome") which can be treated with physical therapy. You will need to see a primary care doctor, however, to figure out what which of these (or other) conditions are most likely. Please book an appointment soon!