ZocdocAnswersWhat's the best way to lose weight?

Question

What's the best way to lose weight?

my body is very fat and this's made a very bad proplem to me and i tried deferent kinds of daiet but i still fat what i must to do ;please help me because i hate my life, my most fat locate in my hips

Answer

If you haven't talked to your primary care doctor about this issue yet, I suggest that you start there. The first thing that needs to be done is to have a complete physical examination and help determine if there are any medical problems that might be contributing to your overweight status. After this issue has been sorted out, then your doctor will be able to give you advice on successful weight loss. The most important principal of successful weight loss is that it requires both reducing the amount of calories you consume (a "diet") as well as regular aerobic exercise. In the vast majority of people, a diet alone will not result in weight loss if it is not coupled to regular, daily exercise. Your doctor can also refer you to see a clinical nutritionist. This is a specialist who can help you assess what your ideal body weight would be. They can also take an inventory of what your diet is like right now and then, together, you can come up with a sensible and realistic plan that will result in slow but steady (and sustained) weight loss. Contact your doctor's office today to make an appointment!