Does an IUD make it easier to get BV (bacterial vagninosis)?

I've had b.v repeatedly since I got my i.u.d,I took antibiotics (pills and gels)
Sorry to hear that you are having such trouble with bacterial vaginosis. As you know, this is a condition in which there is an overgrowth of certain types of bacteria in the vagina, leading to an unpleasant discharge and odor. Although bacterial vaginosis can easily be treated with antibiotics, as you have done, it can sometimes recur, as has happened in your case. There are a few reports in the medical literature of increased incidence of bacterial vaginosis in people who have IUDs, but these findings are not universally accepted. In other words, it is not clear that having an IUD actually correlated with a higher risk for bacterial vaginosis, because there are some many other factors, other than IUDs, that are likely more important in determining the risk. Some women with IUDs do report an increase in vaginal discharge, but most of the time this is just normal vaginal discharge and not bacterial vaginosis. What I would suggest is that you follow up again about this issue with either your OB GYN doctor or your primary care doctor. Women who are experiencing repeated episodes of bacterial vaginosis may need to take daily antibiotics for an extended period of time to prevent relapse of the infection.