ZocdocAnswersAm I pregnant?

Question

Am I pregnant?

I was ovulating about 4 days ago. I had the CM that was egg white and sticky. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex and needless to say he ejaculated inside of me during my time of ovulation. As of today, 4 days passed, I went to the restroom and wiped and there was faint pink on the toilet paper. I wiped again and there was nothing else and still no more pink all day. I am feeling a constant pressure in my uterus area, not really like period camps and I have been frequently urinating about every half an hour. On top of that, I am fairly but surely starting to feel a tiny bit of tenderness in my breasts with my areolas turning a slighty darker color. I am exhaustingly tired as well.

Answer

I would definitely recommend that you go to see your primary care doctor or your OB GYN doctor about this issue. Some of the symptoms that you are experiencing, such as vaginal spotting, fatigue, and breast tenderness may all be symptoms of early pregnancy. However, since you just had sex 4 days ago, it would be a bit early to be experiencing these symptoms already. Another likely problem is that you have a urinary tract infection. These commonly occur after sexual intercourse. Symptoms can include spotting, pain with urination or very frequent urination, and feeling tired. Your doctor will be able to perform a urine test to look for an infection. If this is positive, they will be able to prescribe antibiotics for you to help clear up the infection, and you should start to feel better quickly. They can also perform a pregnancy test on a urine sample, if they feel like it is necessary. They will also perform a general exam to make sure that there is nothing else going on other than these two possibilities that we have mentioned. Please make an appointment today. I am certain your doctor will be able to help you figure out what is going on!