Find doctors and make appointments online!

• Albany

I'm having symptoms such as pelvic cramping, sore breasts with blue veins that come and go. What does this mean?

my period isnt due for 2 weeks, my last one was the 14th sep, i have pcos so it isnt that regular
I would recommend going to see your OB GYN or primary care doctor about this issue, so that they can help you figure out what is going on. One of the first things they will want to rule out is pregnancy. Although individuals with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) often have a more difficult time becoming pregnant, it is possible, even in the setting if very irregular periods. Some of your symptoms, especially the cramping and the sore breasts, might be consistent with pregnancy, and this can be ruled out with a simple urine pregnancy test. Your doctor can also perform a general physical examination, including a vaginal examination, looking for any other possible causes of your cramping symptoms. These causes might include a vaginal infection, for example. Make sure, when you see your doctor, to mention any other symptoms you might be having, such as vaginal discharge, pain with urination, and the like. Also make sure to mention when the last time you had sexual intercourse, as this will be important for establishing the time line of when the symptoms started. Based on what they find on the exam, your doctor can advise whether you need any specific treatment for your symptoms.