ZocdocAnswersMy right arm beats, trembles, and shakes once in a while. Why?

Question

My right arm beats, trembles, and shakes once in a while. Why?

My right arm beats once in a while, (once in a 30 seconds) I feel like the heart beat and my arm also shakes visibly, Sometimes I feel it corresponding to my breathe, but not exactly....I dont know.. Iam confused because of this. Just my right arm that too only in the Biceps part.. Can some one tell me what problem I have

Answer

It sounds like you may be experiencing a twitch or muscle spasm in your arm, specifically in your biceps. This can sometimes be a normal phenomenon, most often brought out by fatigue or stress, and often occurring after vigorous exercise. Rarely, this may be a sign of a more serious problem. What I would recommend is that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss the issue, especially if it has been going on for a while without getting better. They will be able to perform a complete examination and rule out any serious medical problem. When you see your doctor, make sure to mention if you have any other symptoms, such as pain in the affected arm, numbness or tingling in the hand, or weakness in the involved muscles. Also, make sure to mention what your exercise regimen is like (for example, heavy weight lifting would be relevant here). Finally, make sure to mention if you have had any falls or other injuries to the involved arm. This information will help your doctor narrow down the list of possible causes of your symptoms. Please make an appointment to see your doctor at your earliest convenience!