What can I do to minimize my knee pain?

I have been experiancing knee pain since I started a new exercise routine. It is high impact and could that have been source of the pain? What can I do to minimize the pain?
First of all, if you are having knee pain with exercise, this may be due to an injury to the knee, especially since you are mostly doing high impact exercises. As such, the most prudent thing to do would be to back off on the intensity of your exercise regimen until you can be evaluated by your primary care doctor or a sports medicine doctor. They can help you pinpoint more accurately the location and cause of the knee pain and make recommendations about how to modify your exercise regimen to both allow healing to occur and also to prevent future injury. Two of the most common causes of knee pain in people who perform high impact exercise are the iliotibial band syndrome and patello femoral pain syndrome ("runner's knee"). Both of these conditions are essentially overuse conditions, and stretching exercises or exercises to strengthen certain muscle groups in the leg can be very helpful. Another common cause of knee pain in people doing these kinds of exercise is overpronation, where the foot rolls inwards with each stride. This can often be remedied by changing the type of arch support in the shoe you use. Start by seeing your doctor!

Other Sports Medicine Specialists