ZocdocAnswersDoes Centrum Liquid make Adderall XR (20mg) ineffective?

Question

Does Centrum Liquid make Adderall XR (20mg) ineffective?

I'm taking centrum liquid in the mornings along with adderall xr (20mg) within 20 minutes of each other. should the centrum liquid be taken at night and the xr in the mornings? Will the centrum liquid interfere with sleep?

Answer

It is always important to think about drug interactions when you take more than one medication, so this is a great question! It is always important to check with your doctor before starting any new medication for this very reason. I'm not aware of any specific interactions between Centrum and Adderall that might cause the Adderall to be less effective, and I think it is probably safe to take the two together. However, you should confirm this in conversation with your primary care doctor. On another note, if you feel that the Adderall is not working as well as it used to, then this is definitely an issue that you should bring up to your psychiatrist (or whichever other doctor is the one prescribing your Adderall). With this medication, it is quite common to develop tolerance to a certain dose. This can make the medication less effective than it was previously, and it can sometimes require increasing the dose or switching to a different medication. Your doctor will be able to help you assess whether or not the Adderall is functioning as expecting and whether you have any residual symptoms that need to be addressed. Make an appointment with your doctor today.