Why do I get pain in my chest on the left side?

im 21 years old and sometimes i get this pain in my chest and it gets worse and starts to spread down into my stomach its hard to walk or get up. I went to the doctor before and they said i had arrythmia but just mild. other than that they told me everything looks good what could this be? and why does my left side lose feeling sometimes?
The symptom of chest pain always requires first ruling out a problem with the heart. It sounds like you have already started to do this with a trip to your doctor, who detected a mild arrhythmia. I think it would be a good idea to follow up with your doctor to ask exactly what kind of arrhythmia this was and whether it requires any further workup or specialist appointments (such as with a cardiologist). Also, ask your primary care doctor to consider other causes of this pain. For example, a strain of the muscles between the ribs is quite common, especially with heavy lifting or vigorous exercise. Also, an inflammation of the joints connecting the ribs to the breastbone (called costochondritis) can cause pain like this. Both of these conditions typically respond well to rest and anti-inflammatory medications. Furthermore, an inflammation in the stomach (known as gastritis) or an ulcer in the stomach or small intestine might cause intermittent pain high in the abdomen that you might perceive as chest pain. Similarly, bad acid reflux (heartburn) can cause pain in this location. Your doctor will be able to tell you whether any of these conditions are likely and, if so, whether you should take any specific medication or require any additional treatment. Make an appointment today!

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251