What are these tiny raised bumps on the back of my hands?

Hi, I'm a 23 year old female. I'm having these tiny raised bumps on the back of my hands. They look like hundreds of tiny needle pricks, and sometimes they feel like it. They are sometimes almost the color of my skin, and sometimes they are red, but that could be because of the itching. Sometimes I barely feel them, and then they start itching horribly. I'll try to upload a picture of them, but I don't know if you will be able to see them. I first noticed them two days ago,and I thought that it was just dry skin from the cold. I have to mention that I was testing a lot of old make up on my hands, for halloween, so it could be an allergy, only I have it on both hands...Please help!
Unfortunately, pictures do not come through in this interface, so I am not able to take a look at the picture that you tried to upload. What I would suggest, however, is that you make an appointment to see your primary care doctor. You are quite right that taking a look at the rash is going to be important in order to make a diagnosis, since it is really hard to tell what a rash might be just from a description in words. I bet, however, that your primary care doctor will be able to figure things out quickly just by looking at the rash. The fact that you were recently using a lot of old makeup on your skin is an important fact because this makes the possibility of this being a contact dermatitis (sensitivity reaction) to the makeup quite high on the list of possibilities. Another possibility would be eczema, which is a condition that is very common in the winter months, caused by excessive dryness of the skin. If you have either eczema or a contact dermatitis, the first line of treatment would probably be a topical steroid cream, which your primary care doctor will be able to prescribe for you.

• Dr. Gurinder Brar
    Dr. Gurinder Brar MD
    2607 Windguard Circle
    Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024
  • Dr. Richard Ashby
    Dr. Richard Ashby MD
    8330 Richmond Highway
    Alexandria, VA 22309