ZocdocAnswersI have burning when I urinate. Why

Question

I have burning when I urinate. Why

My dr says its nothing. I went to my primary dr with the pain and burning also concerned about glucose it was low 65 at last blood work .

Answer

First of all, I would not necessarily say that an isolated glucose of 65 is necessarily alarming. This could be normal, especially if you had not eaten. There are a few medical conditions that can cause low blood glucose levels, and you should definitely pursue this further if you have symptoms of low blood sugar, such as sweating, fatigue, or dizziness. If you do not have these symptoms, then this is probably not a concerning problem, but it would still be a good idea to follow up with your primary care doctor about it. Burning with urination is often a sign of a urinary tract infection. Your primary care doctor will probably want to check some basic urine tests to rule out this problem. Other causes of burning with urination might include chemical irritation (for example, from soap), a sexually transmitted infection, or (if you are male) an inflammation of the prostate gland. Your doctor will be able to consider all of these possibilities and help you decide if any additional workup or treatment is needed at this time. Regardless, the first step is touching base with your primary care doctor again about your concerns regarding both of these issues.