Why haven't I had normal periods this year?

I'm a teenage girl. I have been on my period for four years. The first year, my period wasn't completely normal, and then it became normal for the next two years. This year, i have only had three periods from January-November. I haven't had intercourse so there isn't a chance of me being pregnant. Is this normal?
Although it is sometimes normal for teenage women to have irregular periods when they first start menstruating, your case is slightly different because it sounds like you initially had relatively normal periods but then they became less normal. This definitely merits a checkup and discussion with your adolescent doctor or your OB GYN doctor. There are several different causes of irregular periods (other than pregnancy, which sounds unlikely in your case). These could include cysts in the ovaries (which can sometimes be more common in teenagers), or hormonal imbalances related either to your thyroid gland or to something called polycystic ovarian syndrome. In addition to a physical examination, your doctor will help decide if additional testing is needed at this time. This could include basic blood work, for example. It could also include an ultrasound to look at the anatomy of the uterus and ovaries. These investigations will help your doctor figure out if there is a medical reason underlying your irregular periods and, if so, if this is a problem that needs to be treated with medication. Make an appointment with your doctor at your earliest convenience. I'm sure they will be able to help you get some answers.