What causes pain on the right side of my jaw?

Hello, I'd like to know why the right side of my jaw hurts! Just my right side. It seems like my ear is affected a little bit too. And it pops if I open it up too far. It just started yesterday, but has gotten worse. It seems the pain is coming mainly from the far right side of my jaw.
I would recommend going to see your primary care doctor about this issue, especially if the symptoms continue to persist. There are several different potential causes of your symptoms, and your doctor will be able to help you figure out which is the most likely, and what to do about it. If, in addition to pain and a popping sensation, you also have a "stuffed up" sensation in your ear or other cold symptoms, then the most likely possibility is that you have fluid collecting behind your ear drum. Although in an adult this rarely turns into an ear infection, it can be quite uncomfortable and may require decongestants or medications for pain. On the other hand, if the pain is really limited to the right side of your jaw where the jawbone attaches to the skull, then this is probably inflammation of the Temporomandibular joint. This is commonly caused by "over use" injury to the joint (for example, from grinding the teeth, chewing gum, etc), and it typically responds to rest and anti-inflammatory medications, although sometimes it may become a chronic issue. Make an appointment with your primary care doctor at your earliest convenience. I hope you feel better soon!