How can I treat a popped a cyst on my face?

It's inflamed and red and feels like a hard ball. Using neosporin and bandaids, isn't sore to the touch, need help healing it
First and foremost, the critical thing is to avoid picking at or squeezing the cyst in any way. This may be tempting, but it will just perpetuate the cycle of inflammation and delay healing. It may also introduce bacteria into the wound, which could lead to a skin infection. I would recommend showing this to your primary care doctor or your dermatologist, especially if things haven't cleared up yet. They will be able to take a look and figure out, first, whether there is any localized skin infection that might need to be treated with antibiotics. If not, they will also be able to give you advice on topical medications you might use to speed healing. Furthermore, your doctor can talk to you about preventing these sorts of issues in the future. I assume that the cyst developed from a bad spot of acne. If so, then starting to use a daily skin treatment regimen to control your acne might be the best way forward. There are a number of excellent prescription medications that can be used to control acne and prevent the formation of cysts, and your doctor will be able to discuss these with you. Make an appointment today! Good luck!

Nearby Dermatologists